No, The FA haven't banned heading in youth football.
In February 2020, The FA released guidance for training heading, which looks to reduce and remove unnecessary or repetitive heading from youth football.
The guidance is for clubs, coaches and players involved in youth football across the UK, and comes following the results of research publicised in October 2019.
The updated guidance includes:
- Training guidance for all age groups between U6 and U18;
- No heading in training for children in the Foundation Phase;
- Gradual approach for training heading for children in the Development Phase;
- Required ball sizes for training and matches for each age group;
- No changes to heading in matches, taking into consideration the limited number of headers in youth games.
You can download the guidance which is attached.